Siemens Materials/Logistics Manager in Houston, Texas
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 201461
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens Analytics Products and Solutions (APS) business is looking to add an experienced Project Supply Chain Manager to our Systems Integration Team in Houston, TX. This position is focused on improvements in the supply chain organization from a Lean perspective. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving and streamlining procurement, warehousing and supply management processes and practices to improve efficiencies and performance, minimize transactions, eliminate wasteful activities, reduce total cost, satisfy stakeholders, and work with the best possible suppliers who meet requirements and performance expectations.
• Develop current and future state Value Stream Map for APS Supply Chain “End to End process”
• Drive and implement the logistics Roadmap focused on Sourcing Process and Tool
• Drive a high functioning SCM team aligned with the VSM and Roadmap
• In coordination with supply chain team:
o Develop and report on key KPIs
o Develop and implement project plan for achieving ‘future’ state
o Insure minimum inventory investment is balanced with sufficient material availability for uninterrupted production flow.
• In coordination with Siemens Global Procurement, work with key suppliers to determine and document fundamental cost drivers. Create win-win relationships by focusing on the shared value creation process.
• Consistently work to improve the value creating process to insure successful outcomes for all activities in supply chain.
• Coordinate with business unit Lean Expert as applicable
• Coordinate with Project Quality Manager as applicable
• Prepare and present implementation results to the local and HQ Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years prior experience working to implement Lean principals in a supply chain.
• Demonstrates a solid grasp of knowledge in the principles if Procurement and Material planning.
• Solid experience in Project Management and team working.
• Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of purchasing, inventory control and forecasting material consumption.
• SAP Spiridon
• MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe, etc.
• The ability to multi-task, work under pressure and in a fast paced environment is needed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline
• LEAN certification
• CSCP, CPSM, SCPro preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .