Siemens Market Sector Sales Manager in Houston, Texas
Market Sector Sales Manager
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 213845
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Market Sector Sales Manager (MSSM)
The Market Sector Sales Manager will be intimately familiar with customer, application and competitive dynamics within the assigned markets and understand price and competitive levels for value delivered. He/she will own the commercial governance process inclusive of LOA and be a thought leader on the commercial strategy, competitive feedback and repository for competitive history specific to the strategic sector. Working with the RPDM and PDE leadership and teams, the MSSM will lead the development of comprehensive commercial offerings in the form of proposals in support of customer solicitations through the commercial teams. Proposals will aggregate application input from PDE’s on scope, cost and cycle and incorporate elements of transactional strategy input from RPDM’s to derive value added customer offeringscustomized to the market sector specifics of the opportunity and priced to both the competitive environment and the value proposition delivered
Market Responsibility: (1) Power Generation; (1) Oil & Gas
Assignments: Position location in Orlando, FL or Houston, TX. Some flexibility will be given to location for outstanding candidates and in the interest on building a “critical mass” location center. Desire is to co-locate with PDE leadership and staff.
· Develop fully integrated commercial proposals
· Own the end to end commercial governance process including LOA
· Govern the use of established sales policies and procedures among the selling team
· Identify commercial project risks and develop mitigation plans ensuring successful outcome.
· Be an active participant and contributor to ongoing deal negotiations lending strategic commercial guidance.
· Own market history of wins/losses with competitive analysis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Significant sector specific (Power, Oil & Gas) industry knowledge and experience for target product portfolio of industrial and aero derivative gas turbine technology
· Solid product and market knowledge including understanding of customer values and drivers
· Extensive commercial development experience including contract and order negotiation experience
· Extensive working knowledge of sales governance tools and processes
· Extensive understanding of commercial conditions for the sale of services
· Contract negotiation experience
· BSME or BSEE preferred
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills
· 10+ years of relevant experience
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .