Siemens LNG Process Engineer - Houston in Houston, Texas
LNG Process Engineer - Houston
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 500035
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
div>Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
This position is part of the Siemens Power and Gas Solutions team focusing on LNG projects. The position is offered in Houston, Texas.
The LNGProcess Engineer will be responsible for conceptual design and simulation of cryogenic gas processing, liquefaction and gas pre-treatment. TheLNGProcess Engineer will review and approve conceptual studies, PFDs, process simulations, heat and material balances, process data sheets, equipment sizing, and P&IDs in support of project due diligence, proposals, pre-FEED, FEED and project execution activities.TheLNG Process Engineerworks with and assists the sales team and execution team throughout the life cycle of the project.
· Develops, reviews and approves process simulations for LNG applications.
· Conducts process due diligence during project development and execution phases.
· Develops, reviews and approves process related performance guarantees.
· Initiates and optimizes cost effective process and system designs.
· Develops and supervises process studies to support the selection among design alternatives, includes economics and financial criteria.
· Provides process engineering technical guidance and assurance for solution development and projects.
· Reviews and approves the Project Design Basis, Scope of Work and Deliverables.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards, and regulations that pertain to process engineering.
· Prepares technical reports related to specific design issues.
· Reviews and approves process engineering deliverables from the Engineering Contractor.
· Works with contractors during specification, tender, selection, purchase, installation & commissioning of process equipment.
· Serves as a leader during HAZID, HAZOP, QRA studies.
· Provides facility start-up assistance as required.
· Proactively works on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures.
· Performs process improvement studies, performance optimization, incident investigations, economic evaluations, technical audits and safety studies.
· Provides support during construction to ensure site technical queries, non-conformances, concession requests are properly resolved.
· Evaluates requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and standards.
· Provides leadership in addressing process design issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality.
· Perform preliminaryprocess equipment evaluations and definition of the extended scope equipment and products with internal business units and external suppliers.
· Review and evaluate Vendor quotations including preparation of vendor bid clarifications and technical bid analysis. Vendor’s quotation documents may include technical scope of supply, equipment datasheets and specifications, calculations,fabrication schedules, and inspection/test plans, etc.
· Drive a thorough technical risk assessment process analyzing all risks associated with technology, vendors, local economic conditions, local labor conditions, schedule, and general construction risks.
· Participate with negotiations teams driving negotiations of complex LNG projects
· BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· At least 10+ years of engineering work experience with an EPC or OEM company in the Oil & Gas or PetroChemical industries.
· Experience of facility design and layout for LNG, Oil and Gas and/or PetroChemical projects preferred.
· Knowledge of facility design for LNG, Oil and Gas and/or PetroChemical projects preferred.
· Knowledge of LNG technologies and Licensors
· Experience in developing LNG process simulations.
· Candidate must have experience in the sales and execution phase of EPC projects
· Customer focused, dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
· Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
· Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
· Attention to detail.
· Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
· Well-developed English language communication skills (verbal, written and presentation); able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and management.
· Innovation skills, creativity, willingness to share and explore new ideas.
· Ability to work constructively with stakeholders, building both internal and external relationships.
· Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement.
· Working knowledge and application of Industry Standards and Regulations such as API, NFPA, ASME, BS / EN, FERC, etc.
· Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e. MS Office).
· Flexibility and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
Masters Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .