Siemens Business Developer Power & Drive Solutions in Houston, Texas
Business Developer Power & Drive Solutions
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 204161
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Develops and implements plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty. Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization. Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account. Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings. Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels. Develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales strategy. Assists management in devising sales plans and strategies. May form account teams and coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales. May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity. Identifies key synergies between customer and other Siemens organizations to determine and capitalize on business opportunities
• ABusiness Developer Power & Drive Solutions’responsibilities includes selling solutions to new and/or existing customers directly and establishes and/or maintains customer relationships to increase Siemens market share ofPower & Drive Solutionsin the O&G industry.
• Review customer project specifications and requirements. Identify and provide suggested solutions for all technical and commercial challenges to the internal and external organizations for review before bid submittal and during the negotiation process.
• Support the preparation of proposals that adequately define and promote the scope and equipment details of the Siemens offer.
• Support and contribute all necessary information and documentation for review and approval of bids and orders before submitting.
• Support and contribute to improvements in the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the sales and marketing team.
• Interface with multiple Siemens factories, third party suppliers and Siemens Operations and Engineering Center (OEC) by integrating equipment such as drives, motors, switchgear, reactors, buildings and gear boxes for the total Siemens Totally Integrated Automation/Totally Integrated Power package solution.
• Will play a dual role as business developer and solution architect and meet with customers to grow the Oil & Gas Process Industry.
• The role must promote and support Siemens global market growth initiatives and strategies.
As a minimum, an engineering or technical degree and sales application engineering with similar responsibilities is required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Applicants with knowledge and skills of drives, motors, switchgear, reactors, buildings, and gear boxes for the total Siemens Totally Integrated Automation/Totally Integrated Power package solution. . A degree in electrical/mechanical engineering is preferred but other technical degrees supported by similar working experience can be accepted. Strong knowledge of O&G pipelines is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .