Siemens Senior Project Manager - Intelligent Traffic Solutions in Honolulu, Hawaii
Senior Project Manager - Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 200179
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Honolulu
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens ITS is seeking a Project Manager for a multi-million dollar energy efficiency, conservation, and renewable technology project. This role will manage the complete project, including the engineering, procurement and operations team as well as subcontractors and lead the final design, construction and successful implementation of the project.
Reports to the Director of Bid and Project Management located in Austin, TX
Role and responsibilities:
-The Project Manager is the main point for all external/internal parties who are involved with the project and in charge of delivering the project on time, in quality and within budget.
-The Project Manager provides daily administrative and technical on-site management of the project, oversees and supports the engineering and construction team in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
-Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
Manages vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
-Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
-Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommend most suitable for each application.
Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
-Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, payment reporting, and tracking.
-Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
-Fosters positive and effective business relationships at all levels and project phases.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
• Compilation of internal and external project status reports, coordination of project schedules, management of external and internal project meetings, and identification and resolution of technical and commercial issues
• Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
• Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
• Managing internal and external project budgets
• Determination of appropriate revenue recognition
• Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
• Compliance with the Siemens PM@Siemens Process and Guidelines
• Advanced Degree in Engineering and/or Business
• PMI certification – Preferred
• PM@Siemens certification level PM2 preferred
• 5 years' experience in project management, preferably in the industry (see below)
• Must be able to organize and perform a variety of tasks and meet stringent timelines
• Well versed in project management concepts, practices, and procedures
• Must have detailed knowledge of statistics and the development and tracking of metrics and project KPI’s
• Must be self motivated and possess the ability to learn Siemens' processes and applications independently and stay up to date on changes
• Must have the ability to generate revenue by promoting client services
• Must have knowledge of EVMS (Earned Value Management System) methodologies
• Must have knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and, Control) methodologies
• Must have knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) model
• Ability to create and manage project plans within MS Project and/or any other electronic applications as required.
Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Minimum 3 years industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, and renewable technology.
Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio, etc.
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state.
May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
May require on-call response and travel.
Key Working Relationships:
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group. Sales, Customer Service (Operations Managers and Service Account Managers in particular), Product Life-Cycle Management, R&D, Project Management, Supply Chain management, and external contact with distributors and/or customers.
Siemens ITS (Intelligent Traffic Solutions)
On highways, down inner city streets, through tunnels and railway crossings. An endless stream of cars, trains, buses. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a complex, demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .