Siemens Staff Software Engineer in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Staff Software Engineer
Locations:Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 210137
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Molecular Imaging Division of Siemens Medical Solutions is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting software engineer to be an integral part of our DevOps software development team. He or she will be working with various internal customers to understand current processes and then automate them by identifying and implementing the most appropriate technical solutions.
We’re looking for a new generation of CM/DevOps that can deliver automated software processes through skilled development thereby improving efficiency and quality within an engineering organization. The team is part of the Software Department of R&D and delivers applications in a large, complex, multi-layer hardware and software system for healthcare diagnostics.
· Demonstrable ability to technically lead a small team or project to deliver solutions given vague requirements.
· Performs complex code design, development, maintenance, enhancements, testing and installation of software.
· Develops infrastructure to help software teams continuously integrate their code using automated builds, packaging, and testing frameworks.
· Helps introduce cutting edge software development tools and languages used in the industry today.
· Demonstrates a solid grasp of professional skills and principles and demonstrates this by applying them to complete assignments successfully.
· Proactively identifies and resolves more complex problems by applying a high level of problem-solving skills that deal with both technical issues and available resource aspects of the task.
· Provides general guidance for group, is a go-to support resource, and can provide training and presentations to all levels of professional staff. Will need to mentor non-traditional developers on the team.
· Develops and supports web based tools for internal reports and processes. Experience with web development is a plus
· Actively seeks to expand scope of knowledge to support integration of cross-function, cross-group and cross-department activities
· Plans for optimizing group efficiency and improvement of internal processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in a related field (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc)
· Eight or more years of experience in software development. An advanced degree may be substituted for experience.
· Experience with Windows development and OS internals
· Advanced working knowledge of object oriented languages such as C++ or C#, scripting experience in PowerShell or similar, and Windows based software development.Experience with other languages such as Java, Ruby, etc. is acceptable.
· Working knowledge of source code control systems such as TFS or Git.
· A passion for delivering optimal, quality solutions to the customer.
· A passion for software development.The ability to understand the need for automated unit tests and actually write them. Test Driven Development is a huge plus.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team
· Produce excellent results with minimal supervision
· Strong analytic and decision-making skills
· Occasional domestic and international travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with delivering solutions based on a modern integrated development environment such as TFS.
· Complex software system installation using toolkits such as WiX or InstallShield
· Experience with programmatically controlling VMs as part of an overall solution.
· Experience with Agile development practices such as scrums, backlogs, refactoring and automated unit testing in a highly disciplined software engineering environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .