Siemens Senior Systems Engineer in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Senior Systems Engineer
Locations:Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 211590
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Advanced Therapies (AT) division of Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. is looking for a Systems Engineer who will be a member of the development team with a strong focus on risk engineering. The risk assessment of our current and future products as well as design and specification of our new products will be a major part of the responsibilities.
This position will work in a cross-functional organization, within a medium size development team. An ideal candidate will have clinical domain knowledge in the fields of cardiology and/or angiography, with a strong engineering background.
This position is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
• Provides risk engineering direction, training, and guidance to staff
• Facilitates development and completion of product risk assessments
• Works with the various engineering teams to provide support and direction in risk engineering
• Creates and maintains risk analysis documentation
• Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development
• Identifies and defines technical requirements
• Manages requirements and maintains the documentation
• A Bachelor’s degree in a software/engineering related discipline with ideally 5 years of experience
• Software/Systems Engineering background
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong quality orientation and customer focus
• Practical knowledge of ISO standards
• Experience in Risk Engineering in the medical device industry
• Clinical knowledge
• Experience in FMEA and other hazard analysis tools
• Experience developing medical device software or developing software in other highly regulated environments
• Experience with requirements engineering tools (Caliber, Requisite Pro, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .