Siemens Senior Software Engineer, Recording Systems in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Senior Software Engineer, Recording Systems
Locations:Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 213545
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Advanced Therapy (AT) division of SiemensHealthineers develops state of the art hemodynamic and electrophysiological recording systems (SENSIS) for use in the Cardiac Catheterization / Interventional Procedure Labs. The position is located in our Hoffman Estates, IL facility. The primary role of the Senior Software Engineer is to develop and maintain the SENSIS software application. Work experience with data integration projects (tools and technologies) in a Healthcare environment desirable.
The Advanced Therapy division is one of the top-performing business units within Siemens Healthineers and a leading supplier of innovative, market-driven solutions.
· Development of Software Applications - Design, implement, review and test clinical software applications.
· Development of Software IntegrationSolutions - Design, implement, review, and test integration solutions to clinical software applications.
· Software Design Specifications – Write and review design specifications for new product features.
· Requirements Reviews - Participate in reviews of requirement specifications to ensure feasibility.
· Peer Reviews - Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
· Report Status - Keep management updated on progress and delays encountered during development.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required. Masters degree a plus.
· Minimum 5 – 8 years of software development experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
· Experience as a “Data Integration” engineer or similar role with in depth knowledge of industry standard ETL technologies and best practices.
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of systems and the integrations between infrastructure technologies (i.e., servers, operating systems, networks, firewalls, security.) and applications or information.
· Excellent understanding and 5+ years of application programming experience using C#, C++, and XML is required.
· Experience with complex SQL, SQL Server, Data Analytic toolsets, and relational database designs.
· Experience with HL7, FHIR, and similar technologies.
· Exceptional knowledge and proven experience with Object Oriented design and development.
· Excellent understanding and hands on knowledge of medical information systems, databases, and medical client server applications.
· Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences and work effectively in a team environment.
· Produce excellent results with minimal supervision.
· Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
· Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
· Interaction and collaboration with several departments and locations in the United States, Germany, and India required.
· Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .