Siemens Senior Customer Service Coordinator in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Senior Customer Service Coordinator
Multiple Locations:Norcross, Georgia; Spring House, Pennsylvania; Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 211800
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
I. Basic Function
Handles incoming inquires and/or requests regarding customer orders. Assists customers by providing information while providing efficient and courteous service. Investigates and resolves problems, and recognizes when to escalate customer issues. Provides order status updates and overall customer satisfaction.
II. Essential Duties
The Senior Customer Service Coordinator will be responsible for providing order status updates within assigned business segment. Ability to handle a large volume of calls to provide post order inquiries. Will service internal as well as external customers, industrial and construction distributors, and sales. Must have the ability to understand and navigate through multiple systems such as: SAP, Philos, Industry Mall, and other Siemens online tools. Utilize CRM tool to enter, manage, and prioritize case load to attain established service level agreements. Will need to have organizational familiarity totransfer customers appropriately throughout other support organizations within Siemens Industry Inc.
Bring more value to each call/request by:
• Providing up to date order status info to customers
• Researching various customer issues with regard to their orders
• Working closely with plants and distribution centers to expeditecustomers issues
• Understanding products and assisting on product questions when necessary
III Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High Level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work accurately.
• Excellent verbal, written, and organization skills.
• Ability to be the escalation point for product support for Customer Support and Johnson City.
• Desire to grow within the company.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability and desire to learn assigned business segment product line.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Ability to successfully complete required training program.
• Must have organizational knowledge inorder to obtain proper product support.
• Must have ability to navigate through multiple catalogs and online tools to provide product support.
• Must be able to cross, identify, select, and provide replacement parts.
• Must be able to provide trip curves, drawings, specificationssheets, and instruction sheets.
• Must be able to quote replacement motor control center unit-only.
• Must be able to quote panelboards, switchboards, and motor control centers in certain situations.
Additional ongoing responsibilities:
• Develop knowledge of assigned products within division and systems to move within the Customer Support Organization.
• Develop lasting professional relationships within organization such as: plants, warehouses, sales, mixed apparatus pricing, standard pricing, product managers, and buyers.
• Understand the business unit organizational charts allowing you to escalate and resolve issues within the organization.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Associates degree in related discipline is preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in customer facing role.
• Demonstrated ability to reproduce a customer problem, isolate cause and drive resolution.
• Demonstrated logical reasoning, situational and time management while presenting a positive attitude with customers and co-workers.
• 3+ years experience in a Customer Support role supporting industrial or construction electrical distribution and products.
• Required knowledge of SAP, CRM Tool, and COMPAS systems.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .