Siemens Cardic Catheterization Interventional Proceedure - Medical Device in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Cardic Catheterization Interventional Proceedure - Medical Device
Locations:Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 200987
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Complete complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Completes recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction. Performs complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design.
Maintains recording systems for use in Cardiac Catheterization/Interventional Procedure Labs. The right candidate will be able to help guide the engineers in designing highly usable, marketable, and relevant clinical systems.. While this individual may not have experience in engineering or designing medical devices, she/he they will contribute real world experience to the development process. This department develops hemodynamic and electrophysiological recording systems as well as billing and reporting tools.
The Advanced Therapy (AT) division of Siemens develops and maintains recording systems for use in the Cardiac Catheterization / Interventional Procedure Labs. The right candidate will be able to help guide the engineers in designing highly usable, marketable, and relevant clinical systems.. While this individual may not have experience in engineering or designing medical devices, she/he they will contribute real world experience to the development process. This department develops hemodynamic and electrophysiological recording systems as well as billing and reporting tools.
You will serve as the bridge between our customer community and the development team. As the development team’s clinical expert you will analyze end-user needs/requirements, ensure accurate interpretation of product requirements, develop new requirements and manage changes. You will also be involved in clinical collaborations and clinical preference testing of our products. The individual is involved throughout the entire product development life cycle to ensure the product meets customer expectations.
The following are specific responsibilities of the position:
• Work with product management to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope. Participate in feature prioritization.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, competitive product analysis, and task and workflow analysis for our recording system products.
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and quality requirements, specified at a level of detail suitable for the development department.
• Write requirements specifications according to our standard templates and procedures.
• Build relationships with clinical sites.
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure requirements are clinically interpreted correctly.
• Manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
• Coordinate and participate in clinical use tests and other clinical collaboration activities.
Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 6+ years of clinical experience in a Cardiology catheterization lab is essential with a working knowledge of hemodynamics and electrophysiology (e.g. Radiological Technologist [RT], Registered Nurse [RN]).
• Medical industry exposure and diverse recording systems product experience is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to marketing, managers, and technical staff.
• Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audience including the clinical community, product management and engineers is essential.
• Ability to discuss problems and negotiate solutions with product management and engineering team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team is required.
• Produce excellent results with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
• Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
• Interaction and collaboration with several departments and locations in the United States, Germany, and India required.
• Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Formal training/education in cardiology hemodynamics and electrophysiology as well as being registered or being eligible for registration is required.
• The ideal candidate would possess or be willing to obtain a system analyst, technology, engineering degree or equivalent degree.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .