Siemens Senior Sales Executive - Fire Service Sales - Hayward, CA in Hayward, California
Senior Sales Executive - Fire Service Sales - Hayward, CA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201041
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Senior Sales Executive sells Fire Alarm Service Contracts and non-engineered projects to customers in the Santa Clara and South Bay Area.
Ideally, the team would like to find a professional skilled in our industry—either a proven Fire Safety or Security salesperson with existing relationships in the local market, or a sales professional in a similar industry/sales cycle that that demonstrates aptitude to successfully sell service contracts and service projects.
• Manage and grow an assigned territory selling Fire Service Agreements that may include fire alarm systems, sprinkler services, suppression services, security card access or CCTV systems, maintenance, test & inspect, etc., directly to owners and end-users.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market.
• Develops high quality best total solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully manages portfolio of existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at customer accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies other key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
• Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED required.
• Required experience: At least three years of successful sales experience relevant to the type of sales cycle needed to be successful in this role selling service contracts and MAC offerings.
• Required travel: 5%
• Other Requirements:
o Excellent English verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in engineering or a related technical field preferred.
• Other preferences:
o Fire Industry knowledge a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .