Siemens Account Executive - Building Automation Service in Hayward, California
Account Executive - Building Automation Service
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211681
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
This Account Executive role manages, grows, and develops accounts within the Building Automation Service, Mechanical Service, and Electrical Service businesses covering the San Francisco Bay Area territory. Reporting to the Automation Service Sales Manager, this role will primarily focus on the existing customer base. The ideal candidate will have a background in automation, retrocommissioning, software/IT, and service contract sales.
• Develops and implements account business plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers and territory.
• Collaborative selling with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively performs opportunity qualification, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in professional organizations.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Prepares annual technology roadmap for accounts managed. Team sells with construction (solutions) sales reps.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships to expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings.
• Primary point of contact with end-user.
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives with a focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
• Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude to sell an offering with a sales cycle and relationship management responsibility similar to/relevant to the type of service offerings we provide to our customers.
• Required travel: 10%
• Other Requirements:
o Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
o Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
o Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Preferred experience: successful background in automation, retrocommissioning, software/IT, and service contract sales
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .