Siemens Service Operations Supervisor- Building Technology - Grand Rapids, MI in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Service Operations Supervisor- Building Technology - Grand Rapids, MI
Locations:Grand Rapids, Michigan
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 208341
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens BT Operations Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this position is a first line supervisory position. Manages service and solutions Field Technicians. Manages multiple projects and contracts with a total revenue less than five million (<5M).
•Supervises the activities and performance of all automation, fire/life safety, and security service and solutions Field Technicians.
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service and solutions projects, service agreements, and/or T and M work in assigned geographic area or location.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work along with solutions/service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, project proposals and cost estimates. Also ensures T and M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion. Supervises account engineering activities including project work, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, customer satisfaction and service accounts receivable.
•Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work.
•Utilizes the Service agreement low GM improvement process, service tools, and assists in monthly forecasting.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing financial statements with Engineers and Project Managers. Maintains and improves booked margins for projects and agreements.
• Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to minimize customer disruptions, maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
• Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+years experience in Engineering or Project Management
• 5+years of supervisory experience
•Employees Supervised: 8 to 17
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .