Siemens Senior UI Developer in Foster City, California
Senior UI Developer
Locations:Foster City, California
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 213979
Primary Location: United States-California-Foster City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Senior UI Developer for eMeter - Siemens:
eMeter is at the heart of the Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a “Smart” meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit, and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data and events tracked by these smart meters. Our platform and growing number of apps enable utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. In addition, the eMeter platform is being heavily leveraged and enhanced as part of the Siemens-wide Mindsphere IoT platform. We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
We are looking for exceptionally talented UI developers to join our top-notch engineering team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team developing cutting-edge enterprise solutions. We are developing our next generation of UI framework. You must be highly motivated, independent, result oriented team player with the mindset of an entrepreneur. We offer competitive salary, benefits and other perks.
• Bonus points for ExtJS proficiency.
• Experience with NodeJS, Browserify, Babelify, Gulp, Bower,Grunt.
• Exposure to web services (REST /SOAP ).
• Experience with microservices & web applications hosted on the cloud would be icing on the cake.
• Ability to write code for responsive UI and implement common widgets.
• Proficient in Unit testing & code review processes.
• Good grasp of CS fundamentals including common design patterns, data structures , high performance coding practices.
• You are self driven, highly organized and a constant learner.
• Good communicator willing to collaborate inside and outside of the team and across the verticals.
• You are pragmatic, know how to build trust and self motivated to get things done.
• Develop new features and components in existing web application.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Maintain existing code in EXTJS and Web components based libraries.
• Work with PM and UX designer to understand requirement and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
• Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation
• Participate in design and code reviews
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .