Siemens Power Systems Software Proposal Engineer in Foster City, California
Power Systems Software Proposal Engineer
Locations:Foster City, California
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 201323
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
We seek an experienced professional with a proven track record who will be responsible for communicating with customers, preparing proposals, and applying Siemens PTI’s industry leading power system simulator (i.e. PSS®) software portfolio to solutions. This position will drive customer-need based solutions within the US market in order to grow the Siemens PTI software business, and will be responsible for Siemens PTI software proposal activities including however not limited to proposal team coordination, marketing, leading customer calls, communicating customer needs to the technical team, preparing cost/book numbers, and participating in proposal financial reviews.
• Proposal management for the Siemens PTI US Software Business
• Own the development and execution of PSS® portfolio proposals in the US.
• Drive technical discussions between the PSS® software internal team and the customer.
• Establish customer partnerships to achieve business goals.
• Promote customer satisfaction by exceeding customer needs.
• Work directly with customers to increase product satisfaction
• Manage many marketing activities for the Siemens PTI US Software Business
• Provide marketing feedback to the larger software team based on industry trends and customer knowledge
• Provide technical and commercial sales support to the Sales team
• Support the Sales team by delivering PSS® software demonstrations as necessary, both remotely and at customer sites
• Communicate PSS® software portfolio features and functionality to support the sale of new software products/services/solutions
• Participate in US market software user group meetings.
• Occasionally work with PTI Global Software team in support of demonstrations, solutions and proposals for the overall worldwide business.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience;
• Minimum of 8 years in technical, analytical software (power systems SW preferred) and/or electrical engineering within transmission and/or distribution planning.
• Bachelors or advanced Engineering degree.
• Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills.
• Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment.
• Understanding of power system software (Transmission load flow, Distribution load flow, Transfer Analysis, short-circuit, EMS, Market Pricing, etc)
• Understanding of optimization techniques related to transmission and distribution planning solutions.
• Understanding of transmission market systems, security-constrained unit commitment, security constrained economic dispatch, locational marginal pricing, etc.
• Understanding of transmission control system, network applications, state estimation techniques, etc.
• Experience in the US Power Industry.
• Experience working within a matrix organization.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience;
The position will be located either in Denver, CO or Foster City, CA and will require domestic and some international travel. Familiarity with power systems consulting and professional training related to electric power utilities and other energy related entities is desirable for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .