Siemens Marketing Communications Manager in Foster City, California
Marketing Communications Manager
Locations:Foster City, California
Job Family: Communications
Division: Communications and Goverment Affairs
Business Unit: Communications and Goverment Affairs
Requisition Number: 200325
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
SCOPE OF POSITION:
As a member of the Energy Management Division communications Business Partner team, this individual contributor will be responsible for development, execution and measurement of the strategic internal and external communications for the Digital Grid (DG) Business Unit in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Develop, implement and measure a complete communications program as a part of the integrated Digital Grid Marketing and Communications Plan, working in full alignment with Digital Grid Marketing and in support of the business initiatives for the Digital Grid Business Unit and its Segments.
• Develop and implement measures and programs by selecting and effectively using various communication channels, i.e. responsible for establishing which elements in the marketing communications mix best fit marketing and communications objectives (elements can include, but not limited to, tradeshows, advertising, public relations, events, promotions, direct mail, brochures, internet, audio-visual productions, etc.)
• Assist in content development to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations
• Work with Digital Grid BU president and leadership to identify overarching BU priorities for internal communications. Using this knowledge, and that of the business/DG marketing strategies, priorities and needs, define, develop and execute an overarching communications strategy that incorporates and leverages business/DG marketing strategies and other BU-level priorities.
• Apply relevant governance standards, policies and procedures to -- and ensure consistency, quality, and transparency of – BU communications.
• Solid understanding and consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines.
• Collaborate with global and regional segment, business unit and division communication organizations on behalf of the DG business.
• Research and communicate Business Unit success stories, projects, products and innovations.
• Partner with the Media Relations, Online Communications, Employee and Leadership Communications and FSS (Functional Shared Services) teams on a project basis.
• Monitor and manage budget as designated, in full alignment with Digital Grid Marketing and BU Leadership.
• Using the required governance tools (e.g. the new media database), maintain print and electronic libraries for use in advertising, brochures, internet development, presentations and trade shows.
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication by conducting and developing surveys, inquiries and other elements of the communication performance management, including analytics from CoE partners.
• Working with FSS, manage coordination, execution and follow-up analysis of customer events and trade shows, including DistribuTECH and customer events
• Manage relationships with internal counterparts, agencies, suppliers, control quality, delivery and service, and channel feedback as required by specific marketing communications projects, in full alignment with Digital Grid Marketing.
• Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach for cross-divisions projects on an assigned and as needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a consistent high quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proven communications skills with a demonstrated ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, employee communications, meetings management, and communications effectiveness measurement
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong writing skills, able to adapt for the medium and the audience (e.g. writing for social, the web, brochures, etc).
• Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities
• Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Organizational skills and project management experience
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
• Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
• BA in Communications/Marketing, Journalism, English or related focus
• 8-10 years successfully performing the planning, directing, executing of communications to internal and external stakeholder
• Ability to travel 10%, domestically
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work under time constraints with multiple projects
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .