Siemens Sr. Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Service Sales - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
Sr. Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Service Sales - Florham Park, NJ
Locations:Florham Park, New Jersey
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200446
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Sr. Sales Executive to grow our Fire Alarm Service Sales territory in New Jersey Metro Area. This position is based out of the Florham Park, NJ office and is End-User focused on Fire Safety-Service Agreement, Service projects, Migration and Quoted Services Sales. The Sr. Sales Executive is primarily involved in end-user sales of fire alarm and sprinkler services and moves, adds and changes of existing systems.
The potential candidate should be capable of networking and cold calling extensively to meet potential new customers and develop opportunities. Candidate must have knowledge and ability to research markets and determine best approach for developing strategic plans. Candidate must be customer focused, have high energy and a desire to promote Siemens value proposition at high levels within organizations. Candidate must be comfortable with discussing and presenting at all levels within a customer organization. Candidate will maintain excellent relationships with existing customers and be able to resolve customer issues through understanding of customer needs, teamwork and collaboration.
• Achieves new order booking and gross margin goals.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
• Able to effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Strategic Account Planning and Management.
• Introduce new products and services to new and existing customers and end-users.
• Coordinate and present technical symposium’s to customers and end-users.
• Prepare sales promotion campaigns for customers to promote product lines and services.
• Follows through on sold projects and services to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation/execution, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for all accounts managed.
• Team sells with solutions/contractor sales reps and Building Automation service sales reps.
• Develops and builds long term relationships.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings. Primary point of contact with end-user. Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
• Will focus on prospecting directly to new end users.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, however candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or candidates with equivalent combination of education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalency a minimum) and experience will also be considered
• Experience with fire alarm service agreements or systems sales us desired
• 5+ years of meeting and succeeding quotas of selling fire services or products to the end-users strongly desired
• Spin Selling
• Effective communication skills to give presentations before a broad audience
• Hunter sales mentality
• NICET Level II Certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler or Special Hazards
• Extensive training in fire alarm systems and service
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing and be at least 21 years of age; must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .