Siemens Staff Software Engineer in Flanders, New Jersey
Staff Software Engineer
Locations:Flanders, New Jersey
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 210940
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
• 8+ years of experience in software development in Windows environment with .Net and C#, C++, WCF, COM/DCOM, WinForms, Prism.
• Possess advanced skills in developing common and reusable frameworks using Prism, WPF, RESTful Web Services, and Swift.
• Excellent Knowledge of object oriented concepts and design principles.
• Good knowledge of Design/ Architecture patterns
• Experience with working on software for medical devices (or equivalent) is preferable.
• Guides very complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and implementation and support software.
• Guides the development of software test requirements for very complex modules under development, execute very complex test specification and support functions of software development.
• Develops the estimation for very complex modules under development and estimates his own work..
• Knowledge in Agile Development environment is plus.
• Candidate will be expected to interact and collaborate with cross site development teams including but not limited to offshore development teams.
• Guides the reviewing of very complex customer’s standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
Develops the presentations of very complex technical findings and developments.
• Guides the software quality process through the execution of very complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Performs advanced area of work for professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures independently.
• Displays high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact complex and cross functional problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .