Siemens Proposal Manager - Building Performance and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Fairfax, VA in Fairfax, Virginia
Proposal Manager - Building Performance and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Fairfax, VA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 200400
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Seeking a mid-to-senior-level Proposal Manager to support bid preparation for both distributed energy performance and design-build contracts, primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, municipal and higher education market sectors. We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering. This position location can be flexible, based on candidate's experience and capabilities.
• Review sales proposals for products and service opportunities to determine proposal feasibility.
• Develop and maintain proposal preparation resources for bid teams
• Develops, edits and writes original proposals responses and other sales-related documents.
• Develops and maintain thorough knowledge of the energy/power industry structures and/or territory, applications, terminology, trends, and issues.
• Discovers and understands customer’s primary business goals, operations, challenges and requirements.
• Aligns and applies entire scope of products, solutions and services to meet the customer’s business goals.
• Validates and endorses the technical aspects of the solution offered in the bid.
• Provides general business development support, including customer meeting and presentations as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 6-10 years of proposal development and or industry experience
• Highly organized with an ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
• Team player – ability to collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives.
• Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to interface with customers at the senior level.
• Willingness and ability to travel for project assignments when necessary. Up to 25% travel possible.
• Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MBA or advanced degree equivalent
• Previous sales/business development experience
• Experience in developing complex proposals for complex construction projects
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .