Siemens Energy Market Consultant in Fairfax, Virginia
Energy Market Consultant
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 209969
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The position will work across multi-disciplinary project teams providing analytical support to ongoing consulting engagements. The Candidate will be expected to perform research and analysis on power and fuel markets utilizing internal models and contribute to the development of client deliverables.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal Candidate should have the following attributes:
• Minimum BA/BS in electrical engineering, economics, finance or related field; advanced degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of relevant power market analysis experience in consulting or industry
• Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to provide technical oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field.
• Strong consulting skills, including solid written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Preferred candidates will have expertise in energy market analysis and an understanding of the analytical tools used in the industry. Experience, knowledge, and interest in the following areas is desired:
• Fundamental energy market analysis
• Power market dispatch tools and analysis approaches
• Financial modeling
• Capacity markets
• Environmental markets
• Demand side management/energy efficiency
• Electric utility resource planning approaches
• Experience with Aurora, ProMod, Plexos, GPCM or similar software modeling programs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .