Siemens Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Service - Eugene, OR in Eugene, Oregon
Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Service - Eugene, OR
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201276
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Eugene
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Would you like to make a positive impact on the way the environment is managed in Southern Oregon? Do you have the drive and aptitude to sell services for a global engineering powerhouse that makes communities around the world more sustainable, healthy, and efficient?
If a sustainable world matters to you and you are up for the challenge of learning about our industry, then you should consider our Sales Executive opportunity in Eugene.
This Sales Executive role manages, grows, and develops accounts within the Building Automation Service, Mechanical Services, and Electrical Services businesses covering Eugene and other nearby areas in Oregon. Reporting to the Beaverton Branch Manager, this role will sell to customers in all vertical markets in the territory.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers and territory.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Prepares annual technology roadmap for each accounts managed. Team sells with solutions sales reps.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships to expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings.
• Primary point of contact with end-user.
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives with a focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED.
• Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude to sell an offering with a sales cycle and relationship management responsibility similar to/relevant to the type of service offerings we provide to our customers.
• Required travel: 20%
• Other Requirements:
o Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
o Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
o Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other relevant field preferred.
• Preferred experience: success in sales.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .