Siemens Mobilization Project Manager in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Mobilization Project Manager
Locations:Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 200513
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
This role manages the mobilization of Customer Service projects where the rolling stock has been sold by Siemens but not necessarily with a long term service contract. The Mobilization Manager would coordinate and synchronize our service support activities and preparations anticipating service demand from our customers. The function has no direct reports.
The Mobilization Manager’s main interface is internal between the Service Acquisition, Service Engineering, Spare parts, Technical Support, Procurement, Logistics and Project delivery teams. This function drives activities to have mechanism and processes in place to support Siemens rolling stock that is or will shortly be in revenue service. This role reports to the Customer Service Director of Locomotive Services and is located in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Is this job a fit for you?
• Manage support activities during the phase of delivery of rolling stock through to formal service agreement being concluded.
• Create budgets, schedules, and scope of activities to be performed in close consultation with internal teams.
• Provide updates to senior management.
• Monitor progress of the functional departments, manage deviations from the plan and escalate when warranted.
• Communicate with the team
• Understand impact of our actions on the customers operations (perception & real)
• Closely follow and monitor rolling stock delivery project schedule.
• Closely follow and monitor our preparedness and capabilities in supporting rolling stock in revenue service (where no service agreements in place).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Required education: High school diploma or GED required.
• Required past experience: 2 years in a related position, e. g. project management in a production environment.
• Required amount of travel: 30%
• Other requirements:
o Technical experience with rail vehicle maintenance/overhaul OR project management in a related field (e. g. construction/maintenance of heavy machinery or complex technical system) is required.
o Strong technical mechanical and/or electrical background with skills and knowledge applicable to Rail Systems business.
o Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support.
o A proven history of solving problems for customers.
o Familiarity and comfortable working with Microsoft office suite of products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Other preferences:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .