Siemens Financial Analyst Original Equipment Manufacturer) in East Walpole, Massachusetts
Financial Analyst Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Locations:East Walpole, Massachusetts
Job Family: Finance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 200176
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Position Overview :
Reporting to the Laboratory Diagnostics (“LD”) Director of Supply Chain Management (“SCM”) Financial Planning & Analysis, this position will form part of a small team and is responsible for supporting the accounting, reporting, and analysis of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) instrument and reagent supply chain costs. The role requires the ability to work to strict deadlines and liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities :
• Responsible for reporting of actual results and support of annual budget and ongoing forecasting
• Support the management of standard product cost with multiple currencies, contractual volume/spending obligations and product life cycle positions
• Support the logistics team with inventory reporting
• Active member of the Product Life Cycle teams
• Active involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
• Utilize SAP, Hyperion, Productivity tools, and Excel modeling to reduce data harvest efforts, align information consolidation process, and reduce overall cycle reporting time and effort.
• Leverage 3rd party service providers to outsource low value add processes as cost & time effectiveness allows
Specific Tasks :
• Completion of accurate and timely P&L monthly reporting and analysis of actual results
• Support the development of annual budget and ongoing forecast submissions
• Detailed variance analysis of actuals to budget and forecast providing the necessary transparency and support corrective action and improvement initiatives with operations partners. Particular focus on value add, spending, purchase price variance, foreign exchange, scrap, reserves and volumes.
• Accurate and timely productivity reporting in required formats.
• Setup and maintenance of OEM materials in multiple global ERP systems
• Accruals/liabilities related to supplier commitments
• Processing of monthly journal entries
• Capitalization of assets; depreciation schedules; capital AFI tracking
• Auditor coordination
• Inventory valuation and reserves, including end of life (EOL) management and physical inventories
• Balance sheet management
• On-going control of cost center spend and communication to departmental managers
• Ad hoc analysis and improvement initiatives as needed
Capabilities Required for the Position :
• Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• Experience: 2-5 years of successful experience in related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• SAP, BEX, Hyperion experience preferred
Direction of Others :
This role is an individual contributor role
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .