Siemens Senior Project Manager - Rail Automation in East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Senior Project Manager - Rail Automation
Locations:East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 200254
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation suppliesrailway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Senior Project Manager manages projects from bid phase to customer acceptance.
This role also performs project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). It also supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. In addition, it ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. Travel to Customer sites is required. Typically involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.
• Participates in pre bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements. Analyzes plans, contract specifications and requirements to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre determined execution plan.
• Oversees preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participates in Project reviews and acceptance testing, and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous project management experience including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
• Experience interfacing with customers and leading customer interactions.
• Experience in the railroad industry.
• Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
• Ability to travel – 30%.
• Project Management Professional Certification(PMP) desired
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .