Siemens Principal Business Developer in DFW Airport, Texas
Principal Business Developer
Locations:DFW Airport, Texas
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Legal
Requisition Number: 201076
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
The Principal Business Developer - Transport & SCM Logistics IT will work to drive growth and profitability by leading efforts in analyzing, targeting, developing, negotiating, and closing business at identified Siemens' targets and other companies to facilitate the achievement of business objectives in delivering exceptional results to the Siemens Operating Companies.
The market focus will be Transport Logistics. This position will report to the CEO, Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC.
• Achieves annual sales booking goals (cross selling objectives) in US and within market through the development and management of business plan.
• Works closely with the Global AXIT Business Segment to leverage the global strategy for business in the US
• Sales booking goals achieved through a combination of proactively seeking and reacting to opportunities as presented within US, as well as managing accounts that can deliver sales booking results within given fiscal year.
• Reacts quickly and prioritizes important tasks to be accomplished in assembling Siemens teams to target and to close business that meets Siemens' qualifying criteria in a timely manner.
• Reviews and evaluates potential business opportunities and develops business relationships that result in short-term, mid-term, and long-term business results for Siemens.
• Takes “hands-on” approach, when needed, to help meet sales and profitability goals, and to help close deals.
• Keeps informed of Siemens line of products and services and articulate value propositions to clients.
• Drives and utilizes Siemens sales, APP+(Account Planning Process) and business processes.
• Understands the customer’s market, business, and the technological needs to ensure business development efforts are aligned with company strategies.
• Works closely with financial team to prepare financial projections associated with procuring business.
• Assess market conditions and identifies additional new and creative solutions for Siemens.
• Fulfills all necessary administrative reporting tasks on a bi-weekly and monthly basis and in a timely manner.
•Experience in the IT/Software Environment
•Experience with cloud-based business models.
• Technical or Business Degree, preferably with focus on logistics or sales
• MBA or related advanced degree or relevant experience preferred
• Minimum 8 - 10 years successful sales and business development logistics IT industry related experience
• Must have demonstrated success in effectively managing in a complex, conceptual selling environment
• Proven success in the identification, negotiation, and closing of deals that are profitable and that minimize exposure to risk for Siemens.
• Proven innovation in generating and leading implementation efforts of total solutions (product/services, 3rd party alliances) and market opportunities.
• Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .