Siemens Services Manager in Detroit, Michigan
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 212636
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Detroit
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Customer Success team is looking for an innovative, hands-on
engineer or manager with proven business acumen wishing to take a
career step into operations management. In this role, the successful
candidate will be a passionate and active contributor to our innovative
customer success strategy ensuring that customers continue to receive
best-in-class support through scalable processes and at the same time.
Siemens PL continues to benefit from adoption and expansion of software
licenses from the Simcenter portfolio through intelligence gathered
from data-mining techniques.
As part of the management team of the global Customer Success team, The Services Manager will manage the operations associated with the team to advance and harmonize processes, services, metrics, reports, across the global entity. Manage and lead the future development of the customer portal as part of the overall customer experience using any new technologies and applications that will deliver efficient processes to our customers and internal
users. This will involve:
Harmonization and standardization of processes, reports, metrics, and tools globally.
Maintaining, improving, and adding to the applications and featureswithin the customer portal.
Interfacing with other teams and acquisitions as well as external vendors.
The position holder will be responsible for providing business
information to Senior Management and discussing interpretation of data
from, primarily, Salesforce.com and associated systems including
customer portal and communities. The jobholder will spend a large
proportion of time managing the ongoing development, deployment and
strategic vision of the Siemens PL customer portal and its contents as
well as interlinked Salesforce.com processes. The role includes
assisting in driving the usage of the portal and its contents
internally and externally, developing and analyzing business process
reports from the portal and Salesforce.com, communicating and reporting
intelligence, customer trends, case analysis and associated metrics to
senior management. Key areas of analysis include customer behavioral
analysis to assist with sales campaigns, portal usage and client
adoption, and related information as needed. There will be an
expectation to travel 10% of the time.
● Creation and analysis of innovative Customer Support reports and
dashboards in Salesforce.com.
● Identification of customer and case trends including gathering and
prediction of sales opportunities from data analysis.
● Communication and discussion of report data with Senior Management
● Product management of the customer portal and its integration with
Simcenter product and Customer Success strategy.
● Work with other team members to deliver new functionalities in the
customer portal on time, in scope and in budget.
● Identify and help prioritize truly innovative portal features that
deliver a competitive advantage, an exceptional user experience, and
help drive Customer Loyalty.
● Collate business requirements and develop user interface.
specifications, manage product releases through to completion.
● Work closely with internal and/or external teams of developers, UI/
UX professionals, graphic designers, Q/A experts, and marketers—driving
the product deliverables at all phases of the product cycle.
● Market intelligence – be the expert on your product and how the
product performs against customer expectations and demands; be the
expert on your competition and how to dominate through industry leading
applications and tools.
● Sales/Support enablement – assist in the communication of the value
proposition of the portal to internal teams including, sales,
marketing, and engineering services. Also assist in the development of
sales and training tools to support the adoption and usage of the
● Communication of your passion for customer experience, voice of customers
and marketing fundamentals.
● Develop and present recommendations to increase effectiveness of
customer portal adoption, retention and usage programs.
● Report to VP Global Customer Success but work closely with managers
from Sales, IT, Product Management, for functional requirements
● Engineering background with Customer Success experience is preferred.
● Sales experience and understanding of sales strategy would be
● Experience with using Salesforce.com, Customer portals to drive
● Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Customer Success type operations.
● Proven written and verbal communication skills.
● Proven teamwork skills.
● Ability to work independently with limited supervision from
requirements to development to delivery.
● Efficiently work under pressures and deadlines.
● Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile
and waterfall development.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience :
● Knowledge of detailed report creation in Salesforce.com.
● Knowledge of Force.com and Apex programming.
● Experience conceptualizing and managing online portals.
● eCommerce experience.
● UI design and usability experience.
● Experience with current and emerging intranet and extranet portal
● Experience with web based solutions, virtualization and application
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .