Siemens MindSphere Software Engineer - Principal in Detroit, Michigan
MindSphere Software Engineer - Principal
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 210264
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Detroit
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. This position contributes to the development of Mindsphere, a cloud based IOT platform and application suite. You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver commercial IOT solutions to the market. Such solutions will play pivotal role in Industry 4.0 based economy. They will prove out new business models for products and services to marquee customers in focus Industries for Automotive, Machinery, Consumer Products, Industrial Automation, Energy, and Building Technologies. Successful delivery of such solutions will leverage your existing deep technical background and require you to quickly learn and become adept at cloud, big data, communications, analytics and other related new IOT technologies.
As a high-performing senior member a team, you will be expected to design, develop, test, and mentor. As a member of a self-directed, you may also take on roles in technical or solution architecting, test framework design, dev ops solution, and even scrum master… depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
• Define architecture pattern for creating solutions on Mindsphere platform by working closely with platform core architect. Core architects will provide knowledge about scalability, security, connectivity and high availability. Your focus will be data re-use for solutions across multiple applications, application level data model and layering of architecture to promote re-use at each layer.
• Engage with Solution Architects, Product Owners and Development for detailed definition and refinement of the Solution.
• Ability to prove-out key concepts and feasibility analysis via hands-on work.
• Perform review with stake holders and to monitor development processes including test approach and quality levels. Suggest process improvements.
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is delivered successfully and with high quality
• Works with minimal supervision on highly complex projects
• Participation in hiring interviews
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise.
• Work closely with globally distributed Mindsphere team to effectively design, build & deliver solutions
• Interact with peers who are subject matter experts from various organizations and stakeholders from such as partners, business units of Siemens, services etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 12+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 5+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 2+ years
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Experience in analyzing requirements and design solutions using Java and J2EE frameworks like JSF, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful and SOAP Web services (or equivalent Microsoft stack)
• Knowledge in OOAD and Design patterns and experience working with modeling languages like UML
• Sound knowledge of JSON
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Ability to identify issues and improve commercial software development processes
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team member with respect to code quality and productivity
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of various software development tools (SCM, IDE, Static and Dynamic Code Analysis)
• Fluency in English
• Recognized leader for unique knowledge in at least one of following:
• IOT – Specific devices, sensors or communication protocols
• Big data tools and techniques
• Analytics tools and techniques
• Software architecture patterns
• Engineering tools, Manufacturing Systems, Automation for Industrial or Instrumentation and monitoring for smart building or Energy distribution
• Evaluation formaturity and adoption of Open Source software (OSS), awareness of licensing models for OSS
• Software performance issues in n-tier architecture
• Writing secure software – typesof vulnerabilities, authentication and authorization approaches
• Highly preferred – 5+ years of experience in each of following two job areas:
• Solution development team (as commercial software company or large system integrator) architecting and deploying solution aimed to scale up to global customers
• Solution deployment team (as IT team or end user group of OEM company in discrete or hybrid industry) – responsible for data migration, organization change and adoption and process re-engineering for 1000(s)
of globally distributed users.
Bring something special to the team, like: demonstrated leadership abilities, dev ops expertise, testing design expertise, a burning desire to innovate
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .