Siemens MindSphere Senior Partner Solutions Architect in Detroit, Michigan
MindSphere Senior Partner Solutions Architect
Multiple Locations:Austin, Texas; San Francisco, California; Boston, Massachusetts; Detroit, Michigan
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 211341
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
MindSphere Senior Partner Solutions Architect
As a key member of the partner team, this role is responsible for all technical aspects of the partner sales cycle. Has a clear understanding of the Siemens MindSphere platform, including the overall value proposition and the technology which underpins it. Can clearly articulate the MindSphere architecture and value proposition to a variety of audiences ranging from highly technical to strictly business-oriented. Works closely with the Partner Success Manger and Account Executives to develop partner strategy, and—in coordination with the relevant Partner - is responsible for orchestrating the technical sales process from evaluation of customer requirements through planning and execution of any required demos and/or proofs of concept. Ensures that all technical requirements of the Partner & customer are met by the solution as presented and that any customer concerns are addressed. Establishes and maintains partner relationships at a technical level ensuring that application & services built around the MindSphere platform can scale and become standard offerings. Work to ensure that Partners are using MindSphere as their primary OS/Platform for development and ensure that the developer community finds it easy to work with Siemens.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business models, working closely with independent software vendors (ISVs), industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop capabilities and/or applications (e.g., MindApps) based on the MindSphere IoT platform.
● Enablement of partner technical teams to ensure development on the platform is scalable and drives customer purchase
● Education and documentation of customer & partner requirements and goals.
● Scope, plan and execute demos and proofs-of-concept as required to ensure prospects clearly understand the value which can be generated by the MindSphere platform in their organization.
● Sell value and become the trusted advisor to technical stakeholders including developers, DevOps, IT staff, support, services, etc.
● Understand and sell solutions to address high level business problems, incorporating the Siemens MindSphere IoT Platform. In many cases, this will involve engaging with large multi-divisional businesses.
● Assist Partner to create a compelling business case to sell the value/ROI of the Siemens solution, frequently dovetailing into the customer’s long-term product lifecycle.
● Assist Partner in devising strategic account plans and strategies.
● Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
● Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years pre-sales / Architect experience in the industry selling enterprise software, Cloud or SaaS
● Candidate must have a strong history of achievement over career.
● Candidate will have excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
● Candidate will have broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
● Application Development Languages and Frameworks (e.g. C/C++, Java)
● Data management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
● Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
● BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
● Connectivity solutions (edge devices)
● Network & Security
● Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
● Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the strategic level.
● Must reside with easy access to a major airport.
● Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
● Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in analytics, IoT, or big data management fields (or similar) into large strategic accounts up through the CxO level is required.
● Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Prefer working knowledge of manufacturing industry.
● Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
● Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .