Siemens Digital Twin Modeling & Simulation Applications Engineer III in Detroit, Michigan
Digital Twin Modeling & Simulation Applications Engineer III
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 213742
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Detroit
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Are you fascinated with Mechatronics and how machines can learn to assist engineers solve design problems? Do you develop system and controller simulation models for engineering analysis and are you ready to move to the next level to work with advanced Digital Twins for cloud based Analytics and Machine Learning?
As a member of the Engineering Services team, you will be developing methods and solutions to realize efficiency improvements and performance enhancements using Digital Twins for Siemens PLM customers in automotive and industrial machinery industries. Working as part of a team, you will bring your modeling and simulation expertise to architect innovative solutions to improve Mechatronic systems using Analytics on real-time data from the physical system and its virtual Digital Twin.
There are multiple positions available at different levels of responsibilities and different functional areas related to system simulation, control systems and embedded software.
• Provide engineering consulting and problem solving for automotive and industrial machinery customers using model-based systems engineering.
• Understand customer requirements and architect Digital Twin solutions in the design, analysis and testing of complex mechatronic systems.
• Develop system simulation models and control algorithm models to study and analyze different domain specific attributes for energy consumption, operator comfort and safety, NVH and operational performance efficiency.
• Develop smart Analytics for real-time decision making by coupling Digital Twin simulations with Machine Learning algorithms in different computing environments.
• Provide insights into the design and discuss solutions with customers and other stakeholders.
• Senior engineers will be additionally responsible for direct customer interfacing, project execution planning and providing technical guidance to junior engineers.
• Provide business and technical feedback to business development and project management teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering
• 5-7 years of experience in simulation and testing of complex engineered systems such as automotive vehicles or industrial machines. Engineers with 2-4 years of experience will be considered for junior level positions.
• Developing and implementing simulation based systems analysis, design and testing.
• For the simulation functional area, demonstrable expertise in mechatronic systems modeling for static and dynamic (transient) behavior in the context of designing key subsystems and its controllers such as Chassis and Powertrain using simulation tools such as Amesim, GT-Suite, Carsim and MATLAB/Simulink.
• For the control system functional area, demonstrable expertise in mechatronic algorithm modeling, embedded software generation and testing using tools such as those from MathWorks, dSPACE and ETAS.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Amount of travel for the position expected to not exceed 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Real Time data collection and analysis of applications is desired.
• Experience with Autonomous systems, Big Data, Data Analytics and Machine Learning will be a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in automotive design tools and processes that enable and support Model Based Engineering activities is desired.
• Mastery of Amesim for system level simulation is a plus for the simulation functional area.
• Mastery of control algorithm modeling and code generation with MathWorks tools is a plus for the control system and embedded software areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .