Siemens Business Developer – End Customer Machine Tools in Detroit, Michigan
Business Developer – End Customer Machine Tools
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 210677
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Detroit
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens MTS (Machine Tool) plays a key role in the growth of Siemens Motion Control products by offering solutions for End users and machine builders. This is an exciting time for the business with expected continued growth over the next several years. The Siemens SINUMERIK product line is the market leader in Machine Tool CNC motion control technology and its performance and design is unmatched in the industry.
This position offers the opportunity to interface with end customers, solution partners, account managers and other colleagues nationally and globally. It offers a challenging position with many opportunities for career development and diversification, and it offers a truly collaborative and pleasurable work environment. You will have the flexibility to engage the customers on Siemens behalf and provide consultation as the industry expert for Machine Tool applications. We are looking for team-oriented person with strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to contribute to crafting the direction of a thriving and growing organization. With the proper talent and drive, Siemens can launch new careers and deliver on aspirations.
· Work with a defined list of end customer accounts to market and specify Siemens Digital Enterprise product portfolio. In specific related to the machine tools area. Work with key personal at end customers
· Identifies key synergies between customer and other Siemens organizations to determine and capitalize on business opportunities. Establishes and maintains relationships with management, decision makers and responsible personal on the shop floor within key, large accounts. May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
· Customer Facing - Execute customer presentations, Promote products at customers, Manage customer escalation involving product problems, Answer product variance questions.
· Implement and drive product portfolio into end customers. Understand the production process and bottle necks at end customer production side and work on solutions.
· Create presentations and demo’s for market impact
· Assist with strategic sales direction/activities of MTS, - Provide suggestions on strategy & activities based on market knowledge, Support efforts related to exhibition at tradeshows, Participate in appropriate conferences.
Reconnaissance with customer and field personal to understand our market position, Communicate US product market position to HQ, Market potential for new product, Customer driven requests and business impact, Develop marketing strategy, Develop Product Value Proposition
· Understand key competitors’ position in the market, Knowledge of key competitors’ products, Communicate key information regarding competition to appropriate personnel, Market share analysis by competitor, Competitor SWOT analysis
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of general business functions, including: marketing, manufacturing, finance, product development, engineering and global business issues
• Must possess demonstrated ability to work across functions to drive value into market; must have demonstrated ability to drive cooperation and integration with account managers to ensure product roadmaps are aligned with overall market needs and future growth opportunities
• A detailed understanding of the Machine Tool organization and their processes
• Ensure overall market effectiveness by influencing the portfolio, product placement and position in the market. Interfacing with headquarters to provide complete solutions to the markets including alignment of global products and solutions, application and leverage of global strategies to penetrate new sub-segments will be a critical skill set required
• A familiarity with technological trends, market requirements, customer requirements and customer needs in the NAFTA and global markets; ability to recognize and anticipate market and segment trends.
• Show a documented entrepreneurial spirit to drive innovation and market differentiation
• Possess comprehensive understanding of, and experience in directing strategic project pricing decisions based on a balance of market needs, factory loading considerations and BU financial goals and impact
• 5 + years experience in either an applications engineering role in the Machine Tool, motion control, and drives manufacturing field.
• Business development and/or sales experience within the Machine Tool industry with strong industry knowledge
• Experience working with customers on quotes, proposals and solutions development
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to travel up to 30%-40% both domestic and occasional international
Job Family Responsibilities:
Provides customers and account representatives with technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions. Guides company teams to develop plans that are feasible within cost, time, and environment constraints. Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .