Siemens Account Executive - Building Performance and Sustainability - Commercial and Industrial Market in Detroit, Michigan
Account Executive - Building Performance and Sustainability - Commercial and Industrial Market
Multiple Locations:Shoreview, Minnesota; Lenexa, Kansas; Mount Prospect, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; Plymouth, Michigan
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 212628
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Plymouth, United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect, United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/buildingtechnologies.htm
The position of Account Executive for Building Performance and Sustainability will be part of the Building Technologies Division of Siemens. This role will manage and grow the business in the Midwest Zone providing energy, efficiency and optimization for the Commercial and Industrial market segment.The Account Executive will identify client needs and develop sales strategies to meet objectives and develop solutions to help clients improve and operate their facilities.
· Under limited supervision, manages and grows the Midwest Zone in the Commercial/Industrial market
· Identifies and qualities sales leads with cross-divisional sales teams (develops sales funnel).
· Maintains Executive, C-level relationships and proficiency in complex value-selling solutions and services at this corporate level.
· Co-manages customer communication and opportunity management with Field sales.
· Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers.
· Team-sells with other salespeople as appropriate.
· Manages the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
· Consultatively assists targeted commercial/industrial clients in understanding long-term financial business goals, uncovering challenges and defining long-term self-funding solutions.
· Thoroughly understands the wide-ranging challenges faced by the target markets, with strong ideas and an approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually-beneficial partnerships.
· Effectively completes needs assessment, financial justification, and related proposals and presentations. Obtains letters of intent and coordinates financing options if needed.
· Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain client commitment.
· Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
· Ensures smooth sales-to-operations turnover.
· Assists in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
· Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
· Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops and seminars.
· Keeps current on market and business trends.
· Understands and explains the correlation between market drives, business objectives, and operational issues as they relate to value propositions--applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to create account strategies.
· Continues to acquire deeper selling, technical, and financial skills.
· Develops and maintains subject matter expertise in CHP, Distributed Generation, biofuels and renewables.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required experience: Five to ten years of executive consultative selling experience providing complex solutions in either Performance Contracting, capital equipment, or financial transactions that underwrite construction (e.g. underwriting bonds) or other complex solution sales to executive decision-makers in the geography in which this role will sell.
· Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or other field relevant to our business preferred (minimum education required is a high school diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED).
· Required travel: 25-50%.
· Other requirements:
o Ability to plan, navigate, and negotiate a complex sales process.
o A record of new-business development.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
o Related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use contractual and financial concepts.
o Leadership skills with a strong understanding of customer business and drivers.
o Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
o Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States without the need for current or future work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance
· Other preferences:
o Expertise in the energy industry--specifically the Distributed Energy sector.
o Experience with Project and Energy Finance.
o Track record of new business development.
o Experience with energy/utility industry and rates a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .