Siemens Field Service Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
Field Service Technician
Locations:Des Moines, Iowa
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 212003
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Des Moines
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Field Service Technician is a field-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens laboratory diagnostic equipment at our customer sites, primarily in the clinical laboratory. We take a holistic approach in solving our customers' toughest problems. Our FSTs represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer.
The Field Service Technician reports to the Regional Service Manager at Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
· Perform service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics instrumentation at customer sites with minimal supervision;
· Provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs
· Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction;
· Manage financial performance within their territory, meeting or exceeding budget for revenue generation, expense control and inventory management
· Manage company assets to include a company car, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
· Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
· Perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Minimum high school diploma
· Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
· Strong electronics and computer background needed
· Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
· Able to work both individually and in an established team setting
· Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills
· Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
· Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources; strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology
· Experience with electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
· Able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner
· Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way
· Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
· Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required
· Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
· Ability to travel and provideservice in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training.
· Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification is completed. Participation in a region On Call rotation is part of the job requirement.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Previous field service experience is desired
· 2+ years of experience as a medical technologist or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) servicing diagnostic instruments preferred
· Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience preferred (graduates of the U.S. Navy Nuclear program are encouraged to apply)
· Background or courseworkin Electronics,chemistry, biology or natural sciences is very helpful.
Des Moines, IA
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .