Siemens Specialist Engineering I in Cypress, California
Specialist Engineering I
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 209586
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· The Engineering specialist provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
· Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
· Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
· Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required. Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
· Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
· Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
· Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems. Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
· Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
· Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
· Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
· Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
· Coordinates work with subcontractors.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 1-2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
· Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
· Must be knowledgeable with MS word and excel.
· Must have AutoCAD experience.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .