Siemens Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Service - Orange County CA in Cypress, California
Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Service - Orange County CA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211234
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/buildingtechnologies.htm
Siemens is seeking a sharp and technically-sound professional to join our Los Angeles branch sales team located in Orange County, Southern CA.
The Senior Sales Executive manages and grows assigned Building Automation accounts and develops new accounts while selling primarily direct to end-users. The Senior Sales Executive develops long-term relationships while acting as the primary point of contact for end users, expanding the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings, and focusing on customer retention, satisfaction, and loyalty. We need someone who can sell Building Automation Services to owners, end-users, and building facilities managers in various commercial markets in the Southern California area. This role will support our Branch Sales Manager, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse offering huge developmental potential.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
• Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Participates in implementing specific controls solutions for OEM equipment and demonstrates capabilities.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
• Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
• Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization.
• General annual booking volume guideline is $1M for the first year, rising up incrementally each year thereafter.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED required.
• Required experience: Demonstrable ability to sell building automation offerings based on previous experience.
• Required travel: 10%
• Other Requirements:
o Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Preferred experience: Two years of selling Building Automation Products and Services end users in the Los Angeles area.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .