Siemens Senior Field Technician, On -Site, Rosemead in Cypress, California
Senior Field Technician, On -Site, Rosemead
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 205114
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Senior Field Technician – Field
As a Senior Field Technician, you will install work with Siemens and 3 rd Party Security Installation Technicians in the installation, testing and commissioning of security systems including Access Control, VMS, Intrusion Detection, and other advanced security technologies used in the utilities sector.
· Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
· Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
· Handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
· Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
· Troubleshoots possible issues, including identifying and debugging software, electrical and installation problems.
· Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
· Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
· Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
· May be responsible for training lower level technicians.
The Ideal Candidate:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
· AS/AA Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Communications preferred
· 5 - 7 years experience installing and commissioning
o Analog and IP based CCTV cameras, monitors, cabling (coaxial and UTP), power supplies (standalone and POE), matrix switchers, audio surveillance/monitoring integration, encoders/decoders (H.264, MPEG4, JPEG), DVR/NVRs, VRM (Video Recording Manager), storage arrays, VMS (Video Management Systems), and IP based client viewer software,
o Access control panels, readers, door strikes, REX (request to exit) sensors, relay input/outputs, ATGs (Anti-Tailgate), access schedules, access users & groups, events, intrusion zones and enrolment.
o Intrusion panels, keypads, PIR motion sensors, door contacts, zone configuration, user codes.
o Working knowledge of VLANs, subnets, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols.
· Experience and Certified in working with leading security products e.g. Software House – C-Cure 9000 / NICE / Genetec / Milestone / SiPass / Bosch / ONSSI / Southwest Microwave / Safety Dynamics (SENTRI) / Puretech / FLIR / Cisco / HPE,
· Familiarity with the techniques and working methods used in the utilities sector
· Familiarity with NERC CIP standards.
· Independent, pro-active, accurate, with strong analytical and organizing skills.
· Must be capable of reading and understand design and construction documents.
CommunicateeffectivelyinbothoralandwrittenEnglishtechnicallanguage,bothininterpretingrequirementsandprovidingreports.Should possessgoodcustomerinteraction capabilitiesalongwithrefinedgrammarskills.Thepositionrequiresinteractionwithofficeandfieldemployeesandthereforetheincumbent shouldpossessexcellentinterpersonalskills.
Abilitytodefineproblemscollectsand analyzesdata,establishfacts,anddrawvalidconclusions. Onoccasion,theabilitytointerpretavarietyoftechnicalinstructionsinmathematicalordiagramform.
Whileperformingthedutiesofthisjob,theemployeeregularlyvisits construction sites within the territory.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .