Siemens Engineering Specialist II, Rosemead in Cypress, California
Engineering Specialist II, Rosemead
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 205527
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a globaltechnology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
As an Engineering Specialist II, you will assist and/or oversee Siemens and 3 rd Party Security Installation Technicians in the installation, testing and commissioning of security systems including Access Control, VMS, Intrusion Detection, and other advanced security technologies used in the utilities sector.
· Works intensively with Program Management Team to ensure adequate installation, testing and commissioning resources are available to fulfill program and project resource demands
· Provide technical expertise to the installation and test teams, and ensures work is performed per the customer’s quality standards, engineering standards, means & methods and safety rules.
· Acts as interface between installation teams in the field and head-end programming teams to ensure end-to-end system performance
· Assists in analyzing technical issues and collaborates with other teams including customer, specialists, vendors, experts, etc. to develop viable remedies
Assist program management in estimating effort and field force for various projects across the portfolio
· Monitors progress and status of field activities and provides frequent updates and information to program management team
The Ideal Candidate:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
· BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Communications preferred
· 5- 10 years experience installing and commissioning
o Analog and IP based CCTV cameras, monitors, cabling (coaxial and UTP), power supplies (standalone and POE), matrix switchers, audio surveillance/monitoring integration, encoders/decoders (H.264, MPEG4, JPEG), DVR/NVRs, VRM (Video Recording Manager), storage arrays, VMS (Video Management Systems), and IP based client viewer software,
o Access control panels, readers, door strikes, REX (request to exit) sensors, relay input/outputs, ATGs (Anti-Tailgate), access schedules, access users & groups, events, intrusion zones and enrolment.
o Intrusion panels, keypads, PIR motion sensors, door contacts, zone configuration, user codes.
o Configuring routers, firewalls, switches, and many other network devices. Extensive working knowledge of VLANs, subnets, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols.
· Experience and Certified in working with leading security products e.g. Software House – C-Cure 9000 / NICE / Genetec / Milestone / SiPass / Bosch / ONSSI / Southwest Microwave / Safety Dynamics (SENTRI) / Puretech / FLIR / Cisco / HPE,
· Familiarity with the techniques and working methods used in the utilities sector
· Familiarity with NERC CIP standards.
· Independent, pro-active, accurate, with strong analytical and organizing skills.
CommunicateeffectivelyinbothoralandwrittenEnglishtechnicallanguage,bothininterpretingrequirementsandprovidingreports. Should possessgoodcustomerinteraction capabilitiesalongwithrefinedgrammarskills.Thepositionrequiresinteractionwithofficeandfieldemployeesandthereforetheincumbent shouldpossessexcellentinterpersonalskills.
Whileperformingthedutiesofthisjob,theemployeeregularlyworks20%in anofficeenvironment and the remainder will entail visits to construction sites within the territory.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .