Siemens Commercial Project Manager in Cypress, California
Commercial Project Manager
Job Family: Finance
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 213188
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) to be responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts >$1M (“Project”) starting with the sales phase up to the end of the complete project execution phase. This encompasses sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting. CPM is supporting the General Project Manager in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities is decided and/or a useful contribution.
The primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Project Team, Sales, Procurement, Legal Department, SFS, Operational Review, other Commercial Project Managers, Head of local Finance & Business Administration, internal and external Auditors, and central Financial Services.
· Ensure compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
· Ensure quality on all commercial and administrational project policies as per PM@Siemens and Siemens guidelines.
· Ensure an adequate handover phase, analyze customer requirements, examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability.
· Ensure proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
· Support the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments).
· Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (division specific).
· Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
· Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities.
· Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
· Support the PM in identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies and response activities. Constantly assess risks and opportunity and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
· Implement and drive measures together with the project manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Managers to ensure Project Quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals.
· Support Project Managers in timely issuing invoices with strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
· Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by timely involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
· Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
· Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
· Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and manages resolution of commercial issues
· Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for the assigned work.
· Regularly perform lessons learned activities on commercial aspects and feed results into own project lessons learned activities and into own organization
· Drive interpersonal relationship, fosters effective communication and manages conflicts
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related academic field. CPA certificate or Master’s Degree in Business Administration desirable.
Professional commercial knowledge and experience in the financial management of complex projects and in the financial management itself. >3 years successful experience preferably as Commercial Project Manager (Project Controller or Contract Administrator or equivalent).
Ability to travel approximately 35% within zone.
Techniques and Methods of Risk Management
Coaching & Teamwork
Lives and breathes project management
Ability to create structures
Willingness to balance risks
Willingness to experience unpredictable situations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .