Siemens Buisness Development Manager - Electrical Services in Cypress, California
Buisness Development Manager - Electrical Services
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200268
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Business Development Manager will drive mid and long-range business development activities in electrical services marketplace in Southern California. This role is required to develop, manage, and leverage relationships with end-users, electrical-contractors, and industry consultants. The Business Development Manager will work with the existing Building Technologies sales teams in Automation, Fire, and Security to penetrate the existing customer base with Electrical Services offerings. The BDM will work with the Area Sales Manager to identify the proper target customer profile to grow the business organically. The BDM will develop strategic relationships with delivery partner contractors to increase Siemens delivery flexibility, capabilities, and cost competiveness. The BDM will engage end users, walk sites, prepare proposals, quantify costs with Operations, and assist in closing. This role will be measured on total area sales volume, collaborative activities with BT sales teams, go to market strategy, and strategic contractor relationships with a focus on end-user relationship development and project acquisition.
• Increase Siemens’ visibility and create a leadership position in electrical-services customer and contractor community, resulting in an increased market share in Southern California.
• This role requires the individual to develop and conduct seminars and lunch & learns to end-users, contractors and consulting firms to promote company products and solution sets.
• Support area sales and management with strategic planning and forecasting through research, development, and maintenance of competitive information in the area.
• Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications, and services while professionally representing Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations.
• Follows through on executed projects to ensure satisfactory development and delivery to provide outstanding customer value.
• Work with BT sales teams to develop electrical services solutions for end-users including job walk, scope, proposal, and pricing.
• Refine go to market strategy for the area including target customer profile and the establishment of strategic delivery partner contractor relationships.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
• Required experience: Five years of experience in electrical services.
• Required travel: 20%
• Other Requirements:
o Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
o Demonstrable professional principles and skills.
o Must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way, be technically astute, and work well in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .