Siemens Account Executive - Federal - Orange County, CA in Cypress, California
Account Executive - Federal - Orange County, CA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201274
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
This Account Executive will uncover and develop sales opportunities through relationships with key Federal Government personnel and Federal Government contractors. This role will report directly to the Service Senior Sales Manager and will be based in our Cypress, California office.
Working with resources throughout the Area, this individual is expected to generate and manage qualified opportunities for Building Technologies products and services. The role will sell Siemens Building Technologies Automation offerings to both federal construction contractors and government end-users.
In addition to managing technical and proposal responsibilities for the Area, the Account Executive will focus on developing and establishing strong ongoing relationships with key specifiers, contracting personnel, as well as large and small business contractors. This individual shall be an expert on Federal contracting vehicles and their application in the Federal contracting environment.
• Achieves booking and gross margin goals.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all Federal sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion and a transition to Siemens services.
• Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough Federal sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic, Federal and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• When focused on managing existing accounts:
o Develops and deploys account strategies.
o Prepares annual technology roadmap for each account managed.
o Team sells with other sales representatives.
o Develops and builds long-term relationships.
o Expands the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technology offerings.
o Acts as primary point of contact with end-user.
o Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives.
o Focuses on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
o This position may require prospecting directly to new end-users.
• When selling to Federal Contractors/Construction Managers/General Contractors:
o Develops and maintains contacts with architects, consulting engineers, specification writers, contracting officers (KOs), building owners and contractors, to promote company products and services.
o Helps ensure assigned contractors are providing appropriate opportunities to Siemens.
• Size of Federal sales assignment will vary based on division products/services sold, opportunity in assigned accounts and territory.
• Customer relationships at this level are operational and transaction oriented.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma or GED required.
• Required experience: Four years of successful sales to the Federal government or government contracting experience required. This experience during active duty is acceptable.
• Must be able to gain access to customer installations.
• Required travel: 30%
• Other requirements:
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
o This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way, and work well in a team environment.
o Demonstrates a basic knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems and energy conservation measures.
o Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
o Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Preferred experience:
o Experience selling construction, energy optimization, enterprise services, life safety, or automation to the Federal government preferred.
o IT-infrastructure background a plus.
o Employment with the Department of Defense a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .