Siemens Sr. Systems Specialist - Building Automation - Cromwell, CT in Cromwell, Connecticut
Sr. Systems Specialist - Building Automation - Cromwell, CT
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201286
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Senior Systems Specialist coordinates, implements and/or performs technical product support for building automation systems that have been newly installed at customer sites throughout the Hartford area. This role reports to the Solutions Operations Supervisor.
• Lead Building Automation Technician on installation projects, handles complex projects, direct day to day onsite representative of our company, coordinates between trades, writes code, builds database/graphics/etc., loads software/sets up PC’s/servers, integrator for multiple electronic control and monitoring systems, performs start up, point check out, commissioning and owner training.
• Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, and in the review/modification and upload of point database, review/modification of semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; resolves basic issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
• Proven technical aptitude relatable to building automation controls.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience installing, programming, and servicing building automation controls systems preferred; candidates with such experience will receive preference over candidates with other electrical/mechanical skills.
• Proven leadership of project teams in a construction environment preferred.
• Ability to interface with other trades on the jobsite a must.
• Integration experience such as Modbus and BacNet a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle
• IT experience a plus.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .