Siemens Design Engineer (System Engineer II) - HVAC Controls Building Automation - Hartford, CT in Cromwell, Connecticut
Design Engineer (System Engineer II) - HVAC Controls Building Automation - Hartford, CT
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201632
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are currently searching for an experienced HVAC Controls Design Engineer (System Engineer ll) to support our Building Automation Solutions HVAC Controls group in Cromwell, CT. This office-based position is responsible for the design of HVAC Controls building automation systems and energy conservation measures using company tools and operating protocols.
• Receives project specifications from sales and service team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
• Works directly with customers and end users to design and optimize building automation systems and migration to new product lines, as well as assisting with energy conservation measure and facilities improvement measure design.
• Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations.
• Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
• Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, Lighting Control, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks and provide value engineering ideas and details.
• Generates DDC point database on projects.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Oversees the creation of system graphics.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
• Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
• May perform some field activities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although an Associate’s Degree in HVAC or other technical field along with equivalent experience will also be considered.
• 3-6 years HVAC Controls engineering experience preferred, however candidates with at least an Associate's Degree in HVAC will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of building automation HVAC Controls industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .