Siemens Consulting Systems Engineer - Factory Automation - Food and Beverage in Cincinnati, Ohio
Consulting Systems Engineer - Factory Automation - Food and Beverage
Multiple Locations:Norcross, Georgia; St. Louis, Missouri; Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 213534
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Consulting Systems Engineer – Food and Beverage
Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer position available. The position is focused on automation and motion control solutions in the Food and Beverage Industry using a Siemens-centric architecture. The Consulting Systems Engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches to automation and motion control applications in the Food and Beverage industry.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
· Acts as the technical lead for automation and motion control solutions for the US Food and Beverage market.
· Generates specific collateral such as application notes and demo’s for reuse by others.
· Actively participates in account planning sessions in cooperation with the account manager and technical resources on strategic opportunities
· Provides customers and account representatives with technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions
· Develops and presents technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes
· Guides the account teams to develop plans that are feasible within cost, time, and environment constraints.
· Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
· Provides software development consultation to prospective users.
· Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through participation in events such as product/technology core teams and Siemens technical conferences.
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
A Consulting Systems Engineer is experienced in automation and motion control architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. A Consulting Systems Engineer has comprehensive knowledge in multiple automation and motion areas and extensive knowledge in at least one area. Automation and motion areas include PLC’s, Networking, HMI panels, SCADA, PC-Based Automation, Safety, and Drives/Motion.
· Technical Skills Required
o Technology PLC’s (1500T, S7-300T CPU’s)
o Drives/Motion (Sinamic G120/S120)
o PLCs (S7 300 400 1200 and 1500)
o Networking (Profinet RT/IRT)
o HMI Panels
o PC Based Automation
· Engineering Soft Skills Required
o Solution fitting
o Proof of concept
o Tech selling
o Mentoring/Knowledge transfer
· BS in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
· Typically 8-10 years of experience in automation/motion systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
· Industry Vertical Experience in Food and Beverage.
· Knowledge of competitor’s product is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .