Siemens Associate Project Manager - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Cincinnati, OH in Cincinnati, Ohio
Associate Project Manager - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Cincinnati, OH
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 207501
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Associate Project Manager to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Solutions Group in Cincinnati, Ohio. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Associate Project Manager manages multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. The Associate Project Manager supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. The Associate Project Manager will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· *Associate Project Manager Assignments range from supporting a Sr. Project Manager on strategic Projects, and or manage projects independently.
· *Associate Project Manager will manage a portfolio of projects of approximately $1.0 million of revenue.
· *Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Siemens Control Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
· *The ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects. Capacity to price proposes and negotiates change orders.
· *The capability to accurately forecasting project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects.
· *The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
*Electrical and Project Management experience is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, experience & Education:
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, contracts, and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Siemens Control Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of HVAC and Automation Controls experience.
• Excellent contracting skills
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiates change orders
• Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus an incentive bonus
• Excellent health, vision, dental plans with many options to choose from - all benefits retroactive to 1st day of employment
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .