Siemens Field Service Technician in Chicago, Illinois
Field Service Technician
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 201343
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Industrial Inc wants to fill new positions in its Mobility Organization in an interesting railroad environment in Chicago, Illinois. In the first months the applicant will be trained in our facilities on the East Coast and also in our manufacturing site in California.
The Senior Field Technician will plan, organize, coordinate and represent Siemens Rail Service on site at the customer for their Midwest location(s). In this representation the Senior Field Technician will proactively support our customer in a professional manner.
He will assist the Customer Service department providing details on customer related inquires, involving Mechanical department concerns. He will interact with Transportation, Engineering, Dispatch and Finance departments for the safe, cost effective and efficient operations of the railroad.The Field Service Technician provides technical advice to the maintenance workforce in order to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens locomotive fleet. This includes advice on: restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, modifications and repairs
Applicants who want to take part in our Siemens Service Department would be responsible for the following main tasks:
• Ensures to provide high quality technical advice to the maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of a new locomotive fleet.
• Ensures the local site team is responsive and supports to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Non-conformance issues are identified and improvement recommendations are made.
• Ensures the team delivers on-going system operation training for the customers.
• Assists in assigned troubleshooting and repair works
• Responsible for planning on local site level
• Ensures proper communication between the customer and the service team.
• Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to Technicians as required.
• Provides feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
• Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
• Knowledge of all Railroad Regulatory requirements.
• Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
•Must possess proven skills with allMicrosoftOffice (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo, JD Edwards, SAP, Cormap
• Required travel: 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
•Preferred experience: More than 5 years of experience in railway field operations.
•Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
•Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
•Ability to applyStandardizationof processes tomaximizeconsistency of output and increase efficiency.
•Aptitude to understand technical information
•Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning or other rail related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .