Siemens Field Operations Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Field Operations Manager
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 200133
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The Intelligent Traffic System (ITS) group is a segment of Siemens’ Mobility Management Business Unit and the Mobility Division. We are the largest traffic control, traffic management, and street lighting provider in the United States offering a complete value chain from development, manufacturing, delivery, implementation, service and maintenance. The position will report to the head of Customer Service within ITS and drive the successful planning and execution of all service operations activities leading to achievement of revenue and profit goals in the Northwest area, which covers Northern California.
The Operations Supervisor leads and manages operations activities in the Chicago area for all service related business. Drives the successful planning and execution of all service operations activities leading to achievement of revenue and profit budgets as well as customer and employee satisfaction goals. This position will manage field personnel in the Chicago area either directly or indirectly through field superintendents and/or field Foreman reporting to this position. Directs all field operational activities; ensures the exercising of tight cost control and maximizing price realization, margin, and profit and labor utilization.
• Directly supervise Field staff, and works with them to implement long-term growth strategies and plans. Set goals, provide regular feedback, encouragement, and training, meet regularly one on one, and conduct regular performance evaluations.
• Creatively pursue activity that continues and grows Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) stature as the premier provider of outsourced electrical services to public agencies.
• Develops and maintains personal contact with new and current customers to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assists with improving the Gross Margin of the project business and drives business excellence
• Assists with improving processes such as contract management, spare part, logistic, inventory and warehousing
• Ensures performance of Regional service target agreements and plans including cost control, asset management plans and other financial deliverables based on Regional goals and objectives.
• Engage and motivate operations, and support functions in successful development execution and results achievements. Actively manage work-in-progress by meeting regularly with sales and operations leaders.
• Review monthly financial and utilization statements and make course corrections to meet goals.
• Ensure that the ITS field organization is committed to customer satisfaction and profitable growth within the Region.
• Recruit and hire additional personnel as needed, to create a team that is appropriately sized for the business, that achieves Regional financial targets, and that pursues excellence.
• Work through appropriate Human Resource and company channels to provide the tools, training, and work environment that are necessary for Region employees to be successful.
• Ensures that all Region employees work in accordance with established policies, workflow standards, best practices and other initiatives.
• Set the pace for the Region team in character and work product.
• Defining and implementing synergies with the product and system business of ITS to drive overall performance
City of Chicago Supervising Electrician license is required.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. City of Chicago Supervising Electrician license is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .