Siemens Consulting Systems Engineer - Digitalization Chicago, IL in Chicago, Illinois
Consulting Systems Engineer - Digitalization Chicago, IL
Multiple Locations:Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 206879
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Systems Engineer – Digitalization
Siemens Industry – Digital Factory: The Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer position with a focus on growing our digitalization initiative in the USA. This individual works in a matrixed organization consisting of other business unit teams that are implementing a division-wide initiative centered on digitalization. This position is responsible for acting as the subject matter expert on automation topics as it relates to digitalization and is engaged in customer-facing activities to target, develop and close specific digitalization opportunities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
• Acts as the Factory Automation technical lead for major digitalization account pursuits and actively participates in the account strategy with the sales and business development resources across a matrixed organization
• Applies acquired process, application, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality to assist the customer in defining and implementing their future digitalization strategy
• Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes to respond to customer’s request for proposals with the most compelling approach while also minimizing potential risk factors
• Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs focused on Factory Automation digitalization solutions
• Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A Systems Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. This position requires an individual with very strong technical selling skills and the ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the customer challenges associated with transforming their company into a digital enterprise. This individual will actively participate on the digitalization go-to-market cross-business unit team with a primary focus on Factory Automation
• Technical Skills Required
• Controllers (PLCs)
• PC-Based Automation
• Motion Control and Drives
• Understanding of MES/MOM and PLM software and processes
• Engineering Soft Skills Required
• Solution fitting
• Proof of concept
• Tech selling
• Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
• Typically 8-10 years of experience in automation/motion control systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above.
• Travel 50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
• Experience with MES/MOM integration to the automation system
• Experience with PLM software and integration to automation engineering
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
• Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
• Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
• Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
• Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .