Siemens Maintenance Mechanic in Charlottesville, Virginia
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Large Gas Turbines, Generators
Requisition Number: 200557
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
• Maintain, troubleshoot, adjust, modify, repair and service facility fixtures, systems, machine tools, CNC controls, instruments, motors and other electrical/electronic equipment.
• Perform all electrical functions associated with the mechanics function and company products. Fabricate,/install, form fit and identify product and test conduit wiring, instrumentation, boxes and all related parts and materials.
• Assist in receipt and installation of equipment and parts as well as prepare units and parts for shipment. Perform all work necessary to facilitate job function including incidental work to maintain an efficient flow of work.
• Utilize appropriate measuring instruments and documents for operator acceptance. Drive any of the company trucks on property or over the road including fork truck and scissor lifts.
• Responsible in general for compliance with the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality System and Preventative Maintenance Program, as well as strict adherence the EH7S policies and procedures.
All tools associated with the electrician and technician craft; scaffolding, ladders, pipe-forming tools, sheet metal equipment, machine tools such as mills, drills, grinders and lathes for basic operations. All necessary hand tools and equipment needed to perform function, including hand and powered industrial trucks, lifts, cranes and other material handling equipment.
• Minimum 2 years experience as licensed Electrician and/or an electronic specialty with current certification; equivalent experience.
• Successful demonstration of prerequisite skills.
• Specific experience in PLC and automation systems a must.
• The ability to fix, repair and troubleshoot CNC machines, general control systems and motor controllers, read blueprints, wiring diagrams and schemes along with the ability to read and understand schematic drawings for circuit boards and peripheral devices, both analog and digital.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .