Siemens Software Engineering Manager Senior in Charlotte, North Carolina
Software Engineering Manager Senior
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201151
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
As part of the Siemens PLM Omneo organization, this position is a key part of advancing the state of the art relative to IoT, big data, machine learning, and performance analytics. We deliver state of the art applications based on IaaS in an agile-based environment.
·Reporting to the Senior Director of the Omneo R&D, you will be responsible for a 7 person team that is developing micro services to leverage the Hadoop stack and other big data technologies to deliver product performance intelligence applications. You will be a key influencer for best practices, technology selection, and organizational culture as we continue to adopt DevOps and CI/CD.
· This role provides direction to managers and Individual contributors in various areas, groups, and/or operations.
· Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, appraises, pay, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
· Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
· Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
· Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
· Has comprehensive and diversified knowledge of methods and practices in broad areas of the software development.
· Acts as Technical lead of projects that span multiple products.
· Recognized by customers as a leader in a variety of areas.
· Sets the technical direction for more than one area of a product. Sought out by others to solve their most complex, technical problems.
· Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers.
· Works without supervision on the most complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment. Has technical expertise.
· Expert knowledge of the field.
• Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products.
• Build platform components using java, web services and Hadoop technologies.
• Build and enhance components for big data search and high volume Data processing.
• Assist Technical Manager in planning and development of new and enhanced functionalities.
• Apply coding standards and best practices during the software development life cycle.
• Analyze and fix issues reported in QA and Production environments.
• Work closely with the Software Engineering Manager to create and enhance Omneo platform components.
• Work with product owners, product validation, operations, and technical publications teams as part of agile scrum.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Engineering, IT, computer science, engineering, business administration, (or lower qualification with relevant work experience)
• 10 years of software development experience using Java and JEE.
• 4 years of software development experience using Hadoop hdfs, mapreduce and HBase or equivalent technologies.
• 5 years of experience in creating and consuming web services.
• 5 years of experience working with SQL, SOA and unix/linux.
• 2 years of experience using eclipse, maven, git, Jenkins, nexus, tomcat webserver or similar technologies.
• 2 years of experience supervising senior engineers.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with Solr and elastic search
• Experience with ETL including real time data ingestion
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .