Siemens Productivity Management Coordinator/ Continuous Improvement in Charlotte, North Carolina
Productivity Management Coordinator/ Continuous Improvement
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Quality Management
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Steam Turbines
Requisition Number: 201340
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
The Power & Gas Steam Turbine Joint Functions organization is seeking a program coordinator to lead the SU productivity management program (ProMt) for the AM business segment at our Charlotte, NC location. Within the US business, the position will be a primary change agent to drive the large steam turbine productivity management program. The position will drive improvements in cost of our product by managing and facilitating improvements in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Management, and overhead costs of our products.
The position is accountable to business management to coordinate and lead overall SU AM and SU AM US productivity management program (ProMT) for our product cost reductions programs. The position is owner of the Key Performance Indicators for multi-year cost reduction programs on our products. Primary responsibilities are to:
• Drive management and organizational focus on improvement activities
o Lead business segment (AM) and business unit location (AM US) management reviews of product cost reduction programs. Supervising, analyzing and identifying actions to enable decisions and follow up on programs.
o Analyze product costs to identify top priority opportunities for cost reductions
o Establish and report on multi-year product cost reduction targets across the value stream (Eng, Purchasing, and Manufacturing) for products in AM and AM US.
o Collaborate with global ProMt productivity management team for best practices.
• Manage and lead improvement opportunities and ideas
o Ensure organizations identify product cost reductions throughout our product’s value stream (i.e. - product development, procurement, and manufacture).
o Ensure location and value stream coordinators manage idea generation and implementation to realize product cost reductions to targets.
o Lead and collaborate with multi-organizational teams to develop and implement ideas to improve product costs.
o Lead high priority product cost reduction improvement initiatives using Lean and 6-Sigma methodologies as needed
• Ensure improvement activities reach our product’s tendering processes for market price
o Ensure controlling of all productivity measures and target achievements by correct utilization of the Productivity Management tool (PRIOneer) guidelines.
o Ensure alignment of PRIOneer measures to our Product Cost models once changes in product cost are realized
o Ensure cost reduction measure documentation by providing program oversight and formal auditing of measure validations.
o Coach others in the productivity management (ProMt) processes and tools
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidates with higher position level and experience are encouraged to apply. For current position level:
• (BS – Engineering degree from accredited university (Mechanical or Industrial preferred)
• This position requires a Mechanical/Industrial Engineering Degree with 2-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Minimum 5+ years experience in project management, continuous improvement, engineering, or business controlling in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Demonstrates strong project management and change management skills
• Minimum 2+ years experience in Lean or Continuous Improvement desired
• Minimum 3+ years steam turbine product experience desired.
• Possesses strong leadership, facilitation, and meeting management skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees and managers at all levels.
• Desired strategic-innovative orientation, collaboration and influencing skills
• Competency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Competency in SAP desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .