Siemens Product Owner Student Intern (CLD, RS) in Charlotte, North Carolina
Product Owner Student Intern (CLD, RS)
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 206343
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for
products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing
customers expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery.
Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released
product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand
complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and
executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or
multiple product areas. Technical project lead. Works with general
supervision on complex projects withlatitude for independent judgment.
Moderate skillswith high level of proficiency and technical expertise.
• B.S and working towards Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering,
Computer Science, Math or related field
• Experience designing, developing and deploying high-volume,
multi-tiered, distributed applications
• Experience with Hadoop stack (MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Oozie) and
search technologies (Solr, Lucene)
• Proficiency and hands-on experience in Java, and Spring, REST/SOA
frameworks 2 years or more of experience using eclipse, maven, git,
Jenkins, nexus or equivalent technologies.
• Experience assessing performance characteristics of software
components for optimization
• Astrong background in math, statistics and advanced analytics
• Experience in multi-variant analysis techniques such as ANOVA,
Regression Analysis, PCA
• Experience withclustering and classification techniques such as
k-mean, Bayesian networks, and decision trees
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability.
• Hands-on programming experience: Java, C++, D3JS
• Interest/Experience in Data Science or DevOps
• Experience with high volume data ingestion.
• Experience with Big Data systems in a cloud environment (Ex AWS)
• Understanding of design principles for multi-tenancy, performance,
security, high availability, & scalability in a cloud environment
• Knowledge of real-time data processing technologies such as Kafka,
Spark or Storm is a plus
• Industry expertise in electronics, manufacturing, supply chain,
and/or product quality data is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .